Tuesday, May 15

the crafty top and thing number one...

when i woke this morning, the sky was blue and the sun was out, so i put on one of my new crafty tops and set about the studio being creative

and i am pleased to announce i have managed to get plenty done today and shall be showing the results in "show and tell" tomorrow. i am definitely feeling much happier about things today and celebrated with this

in the meantime though, i must tell you i've been tagged by ellene . to start with it bought back memories of being a kid, receiving a letter in the mail that turned out to be a chain letter, that told you to send out twenty copies in twenty minutes to twenty friends or you will have twenty years bad luck, if you live that long! on closer inspection this is not the same (phew!) apparently all i have to do is tell you, dear reader, seven interesting and unknown facts about myself, so that you may get to know me better. um, this is easier said than done. in fact i am beginning to wish for the chain letter, at least that is just copying and sending on...

so for several days i have been pondering this problem, it is a problem because i really don't have that much more to tell, other than what you already know. so to get myself round this, i decided to create seven descriptive titles to help me think. each day i will give you a new 'thing' about me (which chances are you have already deduced from previous posts) and that way, it will spread out all the ramblings...

so today, dear reader i give you

"thing number one" LIKES ~ i like the British seaside, scratch that, i LOVE the British seaside. everything about it from the ice cream, the cold sea, some seagulls (not pesky ones), striped deck chairs, bunting, fish and chips, the landscape, the smells and sounds. one day, I plan to own a small house by the sea (yep, told you, you knew it already!) and outside the back will be my airstream trailer...

but until then, i will have to make do with this...(oh, and please use your imagination...the real thing would have wonderful knitted throws and dottie angel cushions, and hanging in the closet, you guessed it, a customized slip)





thinking of summer days ahead ~ Tif

7 comments:

Kristy said...

You would love this site http://www.vintagevacations.co.uk/ !

Christine said...

I was just going to tell you about the vintage vacations website too! I also love the seaside and I think your slips and bags are lovely - I found you via Inside a Black Apple and will be keeping an eye on your etsy shop!

dottie angel said...

ladies, I read about this wonderful place in a magazine...I am just totally in love with it all (and her website is fabulous) my only problem is squeezing all my 'not so little' ones in one trailer...um I guess I need to start saving for not one but two airstreams...

jungle dream pagoda said...

Lord have mercy,is that yours!!!!!?????!!!!
The deal with the hubs has always been,if I let him build a pool.he lets me have an Airstream as the Pool house/visiting artist guest house. I would certainly make do with that little gem!

Anonymous said...

The British seaside. Your post made me a wee bit home sick. We lived for several years in Brighton and I miss so much about it. We're in the middle of the countryside here and nowhere near water. A nearby lake would make my home perfect!
Thank you for adding my blog to your link list. Much appreciated.

Anonymous said...

ohh that little trailer is lovely - where did you find it?

dottie angel said...

this little model, was found in one of those funny little model car shops, there was only one left and it was not cheap...so like all sensible wives would do, i bought it for my man as a christmas gift, so that i could then have it!!! Brilliant!