Tuesday, January 26

a 'spring fling'...


as twenty ten is my year for taking risks i've been having a 'spring fling' inside of Mossy Shed...

"oh Tif, how simply risque of you!" i hear you cry
why yes dearest readers, i don't think it gets more risky than a 'spring fling' in the midst of winter.
in fact if i carry on at this rate i may very well become known as 'Little Miss Risk Taker of 2010' and that would be quite something i feel.

my risk taking 'spring fling' all started late on thursday, when a retro tablecloth i purchased from Etsy arrived, a wonderful blue flower and fruity little number.
little pops of lovely turquoise amongst the navy and green.
as soon as i unwrapped the little sweetie,
it got
my heart 'a racing'
and
my fingers 'an itching'
to make something out of it's loveliness...

so with a snip and a snippity snip, i got to work.
several snippity snips later, along with another vintage tablecloth and some white linens, i had some very springy looking curtains for my studio window and might i add some very hungry occupants in the shed, but i couldn't let feeding the hordes get in the way of my creative juices flowing...
it is times like these that the microwave and mac 'n' cheese were invented for.


but that's not all... no sirree, for i continued my 'spring fling' with a little thrifty find who was looking for a new home when i found her lurking on the shelves of despair...


my lovely mirror is now sporting her 'spring coat' of sunshine yellow and has done quite the most peachy job of giving a little corner some false sense of 'Spring'.


so quite simply put dearest readers, i think we all need to have a 'spring fling' in our little nests, helping banish those winter blues and adding a little bit of sunshine in our days.

of course you lovely lot in Australia and other exotic foreign climes probably aren't looking to add a 'spring fling' to your dwellings but that's okay, i quite understand and am not in the least bit upset if you choose not to 'spring fling' with me...

she is thanking you once again for humoring her shameless ways ~ Tif

29 comments:

Primrose Beresford said...

I love your turquoise and yellow colour combo - very springlike!

Best Wishes
Primrose

Andrea said...

:)

Micheline said...

I am in LOVE with those curtains. Looking at the room altogether you have quite possibly outdone yourself.

Bobo Bun said...

Is your dog wearing a bib?

Your colours knock me out, such a lovely fix of warmth when I'm sat here under a pile of blankets and just burnt the last log on the fire. A perfect yellow.

Have a great week.

the mama monster said...

so pretty! i a dying for spring also, but seeing as how i live in utah i fer i will not see it for months. would you mind telling us what brand and color of paint you use? you have such an eye for colors. thank you.

Rainey J. Dillon said...

Hi
good luck & fun to all who are living a life of thrift! I too will be doing my best but I'm not any longer participating in this blog challenge.
Great crochet work!
Rainey

Amy said...

what lovely curtains! I've never had curtains on any windows, but these, oh these ones make me want to make some! And I love the mirror too! So lovely!

Anonymous said...

i just love the gorgeous white light coming in on your photos...nicely done!

Annie B said...

Sorry I can't join you in the "Spring Fling", it is my most favorite time of year. We are in the middle of a hot, humid summer here in New Zealand.

BananaSaurusRex said...

So pretty - I'm inspired!

Jennifer said...

I think it looks fantastic, such pretty curtains. I have been on the lookout for some robin's egg blue pieces to "spring" up my home.

Apron Thrift Girl said...

I tend to spring fling as soon as the champagne glasses are put down on New Years Eve. I love the changing of seasons and spring is by far my favorite one of the year.

cerebral e said...

This is just lovely. PS Australia is not exotic!

Kayanna said...

You did such a beautiful job of springafying! I can almost smell the sunshine just looking at these gorgeous photos. I think I could use a little spring in my home too to banish those nasty winter blahs.

figwittage said...

i want to move into this space and never leave. i love it all. the colours, the fabrics, the pieces! gah, i bloody love! thanks for being inspirational! where did you find that mirror? xx

Christina Lowry said...

I am loving your tablecloth/cutainy goodness, not to mention your sweet springy mirror. Your new jug with it's pretending to be flowers is the perfect touch.

Could we Aussies perhaps have a 'winter fling'? I am partaking in one myself, crocheting a woolen throw, while beneath fans or in air-conditioning as it really is much to hot to be crocheting. I can't let the heat stop me, thoug I can't wait for Winter! :)

jessica daisy said...

The curtains are gorgeous, and I love the mirror too.
it looks so lovely and fresh!
Jessx

Tonia said...

I hope someone flings some spring this way soon, in the meantime, I'll settle for painting owls pink.

Queenie Bee said...

Your house is sooo lovely. I love how it is so light and bright and cheery. I need to find some of these jars that you have in the top pic.

Veronica Bellizzi said...

Love your work!!!

http://ilove-ilove-ilove.blogspot.com/2010/01/dottie-angel.html

xx, V

Stace and Joey said...

Loving it Tif! I always get such inspiration from you. It's been kind of a bummer of a week with children #1-5 really testing my worth. I guess it's their perrogative as teenagers but goodness. *sigh*

Anywho, could you be a dear and share your source or pattern for your granny square? I am so in love with yours and sick of my same old same old pattern I use. Pretty please and thank you so much.
Stace

theroofcat said...

It's all looking lovely! Your place is filled with beautiful things! I have posted my vote, and I hope you will win!
The curtin is a real spring inspiration!
Good luck to you!
Sxx

Caterina Giglio said...

love your little bits of spring! I am up for anything springy!! even spring cleaning!!

Love Peace Pionies said...

l o v e l y photos!!!

Anonymous said...

Yellow and blue, definitely a spring combination, and Oh, for some Spring right now. My studio is currently waiting to be conjured up. The cement mixer and bricks are all waiting under tarps in the pouring rain! Can't wait to start decorating it! Thanks for the cheerfulness, Penny x (Planet Penny)

Joshy and belle said...

Hi Tif
mossy shed looks lovely, I was just wondering and I know it might be a teeny tiny bit rude to ask this but have you got a cupboard of shame where everything else gets piled high! Or even a shelf? Please say you do my little cottage can only dream of looking as shiny and tidy as mossy shed. I'll settle for a junk drawer!!
Fliss x x

Melissa said...

Love it all. The sun is peeking out from behind the clouds here in Cali after what seems like weeks of rain and a little spring fling is now on the to do list.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Princess and the Pea said...

I will most certainly join you in your Spring Fling! What a way to cheer yourself up in these long, dark days of snow and rain (England) than making everything bright and happy! Good thinking!

Kirsten said...

Love your lovely mirror.