Thursday, August 4

random postcard #4...

dearest reader,

today i have overwhelming withdrawal symptoms from Miss Ethel, my trusty sewing machine. i was doing really quite well i thought, nearly two weeks on the road and not a thought about her. (actually, that is a lie, i have thought about her everyday, i have just done a peachy job of dismissing the thoughts).

however today i turned the corner, two thirds of the way down the high street to walk back to my folks home and there it was, a whole little side street of happy coloured bunting to greet me. i stopped in my tracks, whilst others past me by, just taking in all the goodness one feels of seeing bunting blowing in the wind. perhaps a little bedraggled from days of rain, sun and sea salted air, but none the less, perfectly perfect to me. that is when i felt my overwhelming pang of missing Miss Ethel.

i took out my handy dandy notebook and studied my list of 'nice things to make next'. it has grown on my travels, i noted there are at least 12 things scribbled in pen with little doodles next to the scribbling, less i forget the images in my head. i put the notebook back in my summery sack along with my withdrawal symptoms and headed back to my clan.

tomorrow i am going on an adventure, i'll be sure to send another postcard then...

Tif x

6 comments:

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

My HAPPY CUP runneth over Tif....SO MANY posts in so few days....!!

Cheers,
Tamarah :o)

Sue said...

Love the postcards and loving your blog! I needed something to make me smile this evening, it's been a pretty dull wet day here. Thanks!

Ann said...

Love this postcard - what pretty bunting.

Frances said...

These postcards are such fun to see. They do capture that on the road feeling, as traveling you see things you'd like to note, remember and best of all, share with the rest of us.

Glad that sun is shining on your journeys. That crocheting has a very pleasing, and even unusual color mix. Bravo.

Reading that you are missing your sewing machine has given me pangs, wondering if my long unused sewing maching will still sew. I must investigate!

dottie angel said...

glad the postcards are not getting lost in the mail and you are enjoying them. actually i am really enjoying how they have allowed me to relive a few moments of my trip... thank you kindly for allowing me to share :)

Unknown said...

I too have just returned from Devon and my heart filled up with happiness when I discovered the love for bunting down there. On every high street! Marvellous.