Tuesday, August 9

random postcard #6...

dear reader,

today we went to Lyme Regis, it was sunny and so we braved the beach with our sandwiches. after 10 minutes of fending off the pesky seagulls we decided despite the lovely picnicking weather we would give up.

we pottled along the seafront, past the lovely cotton candy coloured beach huts and ended up at the penny arcade. i noted next to the penny arcade was an antique mall. i suggested my clan may like to loiter in the arcade with some pennies whilst i did a bit of antique mall loitering. every one was in agreement.
Our #4 had never been in a penny arcade before and after spending many moments and the contents of my purse he came to the conclusion that he would like to be an arcade owner when he was older. for the rest of the day we had to discuss how much each arcade machine would cost to buy and how much money you would need from arcade loiterers before you paid off your arcade machine loans. it did occur to me that in fact they are probably rented machines... however after much discussion he decided it might not be as profitable as he thought it would be.

whilst we had our discussion, we wandered past a door, a door so lovely it caused me to gasp and wish with all my wishing might, it was my door belonging to my house in Lyme Regis... one day perhaps

we are packing up and heading east soon
Tif x

5 comments:

wood & wool stool said...

this is a 'dottie angel green' door! i officialy named this kind of green after you ;)

catnap said...

I agree, I love this door. There is something about green woodwork that affects me deeply. The transom, the lovely flowers, the baubles above. It beckons one to enter.

Nursey Bang Bang presents said...

Hi Tiff, I spent my early years in Lyme Regis. I say early, I mean when I was a teenager, but it seems like yesterday.I use to hang out with mates at The Royal standard pub on the beach, which always smelled of fish and crisps! I was there when they filmed the French lieutenant's Woman starring Meryl Streep. I love the famous scene of her on the cobb, which is the really huge harbour wall that cradles the boats there. Really glad you had a great time.
Love Nursey Bang Bang
www.nurseybangbang.blogspot.com

dottie angel said...

oh yes, there is something magical about the place isn't there :)
thank you kindly for sharing your tale with us, always lovely to take a trip down memory lane...

Eleni said...

Oh, I am so behind on reading my postcards, I feel like a veritable time-traveller! I would also like to own an arcade. Having grown up in a seaside town (albeit a rubbish one) my more urban-grown friends here in Bath cannot understand why I think it it a shame that Bath has no arcade.